Saturday, March 5, 2016

More March Math Centers: Roll, Count & Graph

My students love playing games with dice of all sorts and I LOVE dice games because they're learning while having fun! Roll, Count & Graph activities are a favorite in my classroom so I usually keep a seasonally themed activity available as a choice on my Math shelves. I recently put out a couple of activities from this Rainbow Shamrock Roll, Count & Graph pack.

Roll, Count & Graph Activities
On one tray, I put a color dice and a coloring worksheet along with a rainbow of colored pencils. Students roll the dice, identify the color, match a colored pencil and color one shamrock that color. They continue rolling and coloring until all of the shamrocks are colored in. For my youngest students, the activity ends here -- but for my older students, they might count and graph the shamrocks from their coloring page onto one of the graphing worksheets.





On another tray, I have the graphing activity set up with a color die and colored pencils. Students roll the dice and then color the corresponding box on their worksheet. Sometimes I introduce dot markers or manipulatives to cover the spaces on the graph. With older students, we discuss most/least, more/less etc.



I love that this pack is low-prep! The worksheets come in color and black and white versions, so I can print and go OR I can laminate for repeated use. The worksheets can be easily differentiated for students on different levels and the dice are easy to assemble.




You can find this activity HERE.



No comments:

Post a Comment