Laminator & Laminating Sheets OR self-adhesive laminating film
Velcro w/ adhesive
1. Carefully take the stickerbook apart at the binding - Before starting, examine how the book is put together; you may only need to remove a couple of staples from some books. Other books are bound more securely and require a sharp utility knife or heavy duty paper cutter. However you deconstruct your book, just remember how it all goes back together!
2. Remove stickers & adhere to cardstock paper, then cut individual stickers out leaving a small boarder. I left more border on the smallest stickers to make them easier to pick up and manipulate.
3. Laminate each page of the sticker book & all of the cut out stickers. Leave some space around the stickers so that another border can be included, ensuring that each sticker is completely sealed in the laminate. If you do not have access to a laminator, you can use self-adhesive laminating film or even packaging tape.
4. Add Velcro to the inside of the book & the back of the stickers.
5. Finally.... you're ready to read & play with your new interactive book!
Tips & Tricks:
- This project works best with stickerbooks that have larger stickers.
- If using a book with small stickers, leave extra laminate border & use poster putty for adhesive instead of Velcro.