I didn't have any cream of tartar, so we roughly followed the following recipe:
1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
1 Tbs vinegar
1 Tbs oil
1 Tbs vanilla extract
1 tsp+ pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp+ cinnamon
1. mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl
2. stir in wet ingredients (it looks pretty wet)
3. microwave in increments of 30 seconds, stirring in between heatings until doughy consistency is achieved - about 3 minutes for us. ( I didn't take a picture of this because my son was screaming that he wanted to help; I was busy convincing him that it was too hot for him to help with)
4. knead until smooth (careful it's VERY hot!)
5. then get creative! We added items from our nature walk earlier in the day - leaves, sticks and acorns. Here are our creations:
Later in the day, we used some of our leaves from our nature walk to for a painting activity that I saw on pinterst (darn pinterest... ).
First, I taped the leaves to some newspaper with some painters tape, then I taped the newspaper to the table. I made my little one take off his shirt because I didn't have any paint other than acrylic, so I didn't want to ruin his shirt. Then I gave him a brush and some red and yellow paint and he went to town. he Was very serious at first... then loosened up.
After he was done painting the leaves, I took a few pieces of scrap paper from some big old books that I keep around for projects like this and laid them over top to make 'prints.' They came out cute, but you can't really tell that they're leaves.
Have you been doing any fun fall activities? I'd loved to hear about them....